Friday, August 1, 2008

Great Friday, rockin' in new gear too!

You know you are feeling better both mentally and stronger physically - when you can get up and go walk a 5ish mile hiking loop with a friend at 6:30 in the morning, create a new proof of an ad for a client, then dash off and go rock climbing for most of the day! 

I used to rock-climb somewhat semi-frequently in my College days and a few times afterwards. 20 years later I've met some friends that are willing to take me under their belay wings - and encourage me to try it again. Today I was mentally on... especially when I also decided to get myself a present of brand new climbing shoes. This will hopefully increase my frequency of joining the group! I think I'll go take a class again - to be more able to set up the gear, and refresh so I can confidently return the belay favors! Strangely - gear does motivate me for these adventures! 

With these little hush-puppies on, I felt so SLaB!

No comments: