Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Bicycling Basics for Women's Confidence and Comfort
Bicycling Basics For Women’s Confidence and Comfort Keys to Safe and Confident Bicycle Commuting
Learn how bikes and biking equipment differ for women’s geometry; how to increase confidence and self-sufficiency, and helpful riding tips for commuting, errands, or fitness. We’ll consider specifics like: What do I need to start? Basic “must haves” vs “nice to haves”.
1. What kind of bikes are available now and which are appropriate for me?
2. Where can I practice bike skills for safer and more enjoyable riding?
3. What’s keeping me from riding regularly? (We’ll address most common barriers with practical solutions.)
4. Who is out there to help and to ride with, and how do I find them?
5. How do we deal with personal safety issues and common women’s concerns?
Instructor: Beverly Garrity, bike skills coach, owner of Strong, Light and Beautiful (Women’s Cycling Skills), and Jane Rothstein, LCSW, HIP Coordinator of Environmental Behavior Change
Date: Monday, 3/8 Time: 5:30-7:00 pm
Location: HRP-Redwood Building, Rm T116 STAP/EA Funds: YES Fee: $30