Wednesday, April 30, 2008

On the job tri-training...

Wildflower Triathlon... yup... another event I'm not trained for, but want to do this weekend. 

Since the Sea Otter race was a non-race, poorly marked debacle - I might as well do something to feel proud and get my non competitive self off my behind and get training. On the job - at the event, call it a training trip - with a bunch of other nervous ladies!

My husband has been training like a mad man for the Olympic distance, and I am signed on for the Sprint. Seeing as I'm just off my metals cleanse that didn't allow for me to workout 2 days in a row, or more than 2 or 3 days in a week - I'll take this event as a training day! Not sure about the wetsuit thing, the transition thing, but I'm looking forward to the mountain bike. Most likely I'll power walk w/ some jogging moments on the 5k run. All in all - I'm trying to stay motivated to not flake - so wish me luck - and see you at the Wildflower if you are going. I'll try to repeat my own mantra... and see if I can't just feel Strong, Light and/or beautiful!

1 comment:

spicefish said...

luck, luck, luck and fun!!