Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Got honked at, while commuting today


(not a picture of me - but Amsterdam women who rock!)

Commuting to work (Apple) this morning, I was turning left from Eastbound Steven's Creek (6 lanes on my side, 10 total) onto DeAnza Blvd. Left-Arrow-Green-Light comes on, I push off, and hesitate a mili-second after first missing a good sandal/pedal connection. This irritated Mr. Suburban Mini Van up-tight man. He wails on his horn like I had held him up over 10 minutes.

I look over and express with a smile - holding my left hand out and sweeping it in indication of how much room we all had and said "WHAT? Not enough room? I could be a car you know?" - and made sure that all 9 lanes of West Bound Stvn's Creek and Northeast bound DeAnza stopped traffic could see me & Mr. Unhappy's "conversation".

NEWS FLASH - HONKING YOUR HORN AT CYCLISTS SUCKS! DON'T DO IT unless you are saving a life!

I could have been an SUV in front of him... but no... a red beach cruiser w/ a basket... and it cramped his style. He had to stop at the next light on DeAnza. Tee hee hee. 

--------------
Don't forget tomorrow's opportunity to ride w/ a pro, World Champ & Bronze Medal winner - Jill Kintner! Meet at Calabazas Shop beforehand for chat and autographs etc, or meet up at Saratoga Gap for the ride, 5:45 - rolling by 6.

No comments: